Colors of Mexico.
Pictures link to stories!
And back in October.
- 2011 11 11 Oaxaca. Dia de los Muertos, Atlixco, Oaxaca and Monte Alban, Yagul, Mitla, Hierve de Agua, then down to Puerto Arista for beach, beer and ceviche.
- 2011 10 30 Teotihuacan. Mexico City impressions, Frida Kahlo and Teotihuacan.
Back with my boys in July.
- 2011 09 16 Cuernavaca. Taxco, Guerrero, the Morelos, Emiliano Zapata Country. Independence Day in Cuernavaca. A visit to Paso de Cortez and Papacatepetl.
- 2011 09 12 Acapulco. Violent waves hit the Pacific Beaches in Chiapas, Oaxaca and Guerrero, the promised beaches for my twin boys Daniel and David
- 2011 08 29 San Cristobal. Into Chiapas, Zapatista country. Palenque and the Lacandon Jungle.
- 2011 08 06 Chetumal. Down the Quintana Roo coast, Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, Mahahual and Costa Maya, Chetumal.
- 2011 07 24 Rio Lagartos. Chichen Itza Maya site, Yucatan. Flamingos and cowboy fiesta in Rio Lagartos. And we crash the van's side windows.
- 2011 07 21 Izamal. Edzna, Uxmal, Maya sites, mission churches in between, the people with the cross crushed the indigenous population of Yucatan.
- 2011 07 14 Campeche. This is my life, life of a parenting father on journey with twin boys, 4.5 years old. How to travel Mexico with children? How to treat them to cocina mejicana? How to teach them swim? How...?
First Mexican trip Apr to June 2011.
- 2011 06 03 Mexico City - South from Los Mochis along the coast, Culiacan, Mazatlan, San Blas, San Francisco, Puerte Vallarta, then 4 days sick in Guadalajara, then Morelia so beautiful architecture, finally Mexico City.
- 2011 05 20 Copper Canyon - Adventure! Barrancas del Cobre, beautiful at stages almost lethal canyon by train, feet and on the back of pick-up trucks on dusty roads.
- 2011 05 09 La Paz Baja California - New in Mexico, Baja California from north to south, follow the pelicans, deserts and cacti.
Beers in Mexico.
So after the greatest country of hoppyness, the US, we are here in Mexico and beer serves the prime purpose of refreshing, cold, clear, clara, Pacifico. Fridges are turned to -1°C, just below freezing, the bottles balloon to ballena (whale), you need it, a beer in Mexico is a must like water.
- Pacifico, Mazatlan, the great Clara.
- Indio beer., not so bad.
- Sol when is hot, one gets used to.
- Dos Equis when is hot, one gets used to
- Superior, can't get a handle on this, when is hot, one gets used to, maybe not even that. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma.
- Montejo has some taste.
- Tecate from north, brewery during prohibition times, moved over the border, when is hot, one gets used to. Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma.
- Modelo never liked it.
- Negra Modelo, flat too.
- Bohemia Obscura is a lemonade, taste of molasse.
- Leon Cerveza Negra, interesting, another invention of Modelo corp.
- Cerveza Noche Buena only at Christmas time, 5.9%, decent beer from Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma.
...and there are lots more, most not worth mentioning... drafts are flat so often, Modelo's Chope, Negro Modelo or Modelo Especial, often so much warmer then the -1°C fridge bottled cousins.
Postings by readers don't necessarily represent my own views. I delete what I deem inappropriate. So be fair, don't swear. Discuss photography, travels, places, politics, whatever faintly touches the subject of the page.